Thursday, February 25, 2010

Low, low, hellow

Have you ever felt so emotionless that you wonder if you would feel anything after murdering someone? Not actually considered following through, but just having that thought. What is it going to take, to wake me up? I haven't cried in months, not even teared up a little bit. I feel like I don't genuinely care about anything.

Now I know why they tell freshmen to "get involved" - so this doesn't happen. So that you don't fall into a hole where you don't feel anything, the world is up up up above you and there is no sound. There is no sound. And you want connection but simply don't have the energy to make it happen. Depression? Who knows. I get out of bed everyday, if somewhat on the edge of being late. But I still go. Go to class, go eat. Sleep. Class, eat, sleep, repeat.

Where is the passion? Where is the awe and intrigue and jubilation? Tell me where, and I will be indebted forever. Or at least a long time. Maybe.

>> A Larum, Johnny Flynn

No comments:

Post a Comment